A little boy came up to his mother in the kitchen one evening while she was fixing supper, and handed her a piece of paper that he had been writing on.
After his Mom dried her hands on an apron, she read it, and this is what it said:
1) For cutting the grass: $5.00
2) For cleaning up my room this week: $1.00
3) For going to the store for you: $.50
4) Baby-sitting my kid brother while you went shopping: $.25
5) Taking out the garbage: $1.00
6) For getting a good report card: $5.00
7) For cleaning up and raking the yard: $2.00
Total owed: $14.75 +- R88
Well, his mother looked at him standing there, and the boy could see the memories flashing through her mind.
She picked up the pen, turned over the paper he'd written on, and this is what she wrote:
1) For the nine months I carried you while you were growing inside me: NO CHARGE
2) For all the nights that I've sat up with you, doctored and prayed for you: NO CHARGE
3) For all the trying times, and all the tears that you've caused through the years: NO CHARGE
4) For all the nights that were filled with dread, and for the worries I knew were ahead: NO CHARGE
5) For the toys, food, clothes, and even wiping your nose: NO CHARGE
6) Son, when you add it up, the cost of my love is: NO CHARGE
When the boy finished reading what his mother had written, there were big tears in his eyes, and he looked straight at his mother and said,"Mom, I sure do love you."
And then he took the pen and in great big letters he wrote:
"PAID IN FULL".
You will never know how much your parents worth till you become a parent.
Be a giver not an asker, especially with your parents.
There is a lot to give, besides money.
IF your mom is alive and close to you, give her a big kiss and ask her for forgiveness.
IF she is far away - Call her.
If she passed away - Pray for her.
"God bless my mother, all that I am or ever hope to be I owe to her."